Exam for UEMS European Diploma in Angiology/Vascular Medicine
The exam will follow encoded quality criteria and will be supervised (at our request, in analogy to the suggestions from the most recent UEMS indications) by a reviewer present during the exam.
The EBEAVM (Board European Exam AngiologyVascular Medicine) has already been created with the collaboration between UEMS Division of A/VM and VAS:
Criteria for application and regulations
You can apply only if (at least 1 Yes is mandatory):
Specialty in Angiology/Vascular Medicine in one European Country or equivalent in non European Countries.
Any related Specialty and at least 3 years of certified training in an accredited Angiology/Vascular Medicine Unit/Dept.
Any related Specialty and the European Fellowship in Angiology/Vascular Medicine.
Any related Specialty and the European Master in Angiology/Vascular Medicine.
Exam Curriculum (Main text books on Angiology/Vascular Medicine)
1) General knowledge of Internal Medicine
2) Basic principles of:
3) Risk Factors for Vascular Disease:
Prevention and therapy
4) Vascular Disease: (arteries, veins, lymphatics, microcirculation )
Epidemiology, clinics, diagnosis and therapy
Also recommended (International Guidelines/Articles)
- TASC II
- Cerebral Venous Thrombosis Stroke
- Management of Patients with CCVD - Am Coll of Cardiol
- International Federation of Diabetes Guidelines
- ESC/EAS Guidelines for Dislypidemia
- American/European Stroke Association for Stroke
- EUVAS/EULAR for Vasculitis
- ACCP Chest 2012 for DVT and PE
- ESH Guidelines for Arterial Hypertension
- Consensus CEAP 2004
-Int Angiol. 2008, Feb;27(1):1-59;
-Int Angiol. 2012 Jun;31(3):203-16
Place: Milan Angiology Unit, University of Milan, L. Sacco Hosp, Via GB Grassi 74, 20157 Milano
Date: Every year, the day before European Angiology Days- (3rd Exam: 27th November 2014)
Part 1 Questions : 100
Multip.ch (1 only correct answer from 4-5 questions)
5 Internal Medicine
75 clinical- specialistic
Language: English in presence of 1 member of the Exam Commission (or invited by the Commission) for each mother tongue candidate, available for eventual translation of ambiguous terms .
Part 2 Oral exam: 2 clinical cases or discussion on diagnostics
Minimum request to pass the exam : Part 1 70% questions
Part 2 Score from 1 – 10 (minimum 6) (by both the examiners - in case of disagreement asked vote of a 3rd examiner):
- Results issued during the Diploma Ceremony during the European Angiology Days (annually end November/beginning December).
- Enrolment €200 by bank transfer to VAS–Vascular–Independent Research and Education–European Organisation - Banco di Desio e della Brianza, Filiale di Corsico (Milano – Italy), Branch 93 IBAN IT74 V034 4033 0300 0000 0161 200, BIC BDBDIT22 specifying as purpose for money transfer: payment for “CESMA-UEMS Exam for European Diploma in Angiology/Vacular Medicine” - EBEAVM.
Please Fax copy of bank transfer to (+39) 02 50319816