19-20 March 2014 (Social events during the weekend)
• Is largely preventable and it’s evolution is certainly preventable.
• It’s a chronic disease which increases in the population, as life expectancy increases.
• Is important for the quality and span of life
• It has a relevant human and social cost, higher than that of highly considered diseases
Nevertheless they are undervalued, not known and addressed only in their later stage, when the risk of complication is very high and the possibility of therapy reduced.
• should be prevented with healthy lifestyle habits
• diagnosed in early stages when already present
• follow these indications carefully
The Population and Vascular patients are entitled to:
• Angiology/Vascular Medicine (synonyms) Centres/Units throughout Europe to carry out what was said above
• Receive qualified assistance and the same rights as other patients
The Days represent a moment (which should continue during the year) in which the spotlight is turn onto this disease, resulting in greater sensitivity and commitment by the Institutions and the direct involvement of the population and patients in self-diagnostic suspicion and in facilitating their GP’S and specialists to reach the goals of prevention for both the disease and its evolution.