UEMS in Bruxelles
UEMS , the European Union of Medical Specialists, represents more than 50 medical disciplines and sets standards for high quality healthcare practice that are transmitted to the Authorities and Institutions of the EU. Learn more on UEMS official website.
UEMS Division of Angiology/Vascular Medicine
In 2000 the problem of Angiology/Vascular Medicine was raised for the first time by VAS and the creation of an Angiology /Vascular Medicine Division was proposed within the UEMS .VAS obtained the UEMS Division of Angiology/Vascular Medicine approved by the UEMS Council, a fundamental development in the recognition of this specialty in Europe and in individual countries (1st Board Meeting, 2008, Bruxelles).
Following the UEMS rules, National Medical Associations can nominate a Representative (and a Deputy), linked to the area of expertise of the Session/Division.
17 Countries and VAS are represented today inside of the Division.
Are you interested in applying? Please contact us
See the UEMS Division of Angiology composition.
Main Goals & Results
• UEMS European Training Requirements in Angiology/Vascular Medicine
• UEMS European Training Centres Accreditation
• CESMA-UEMS European Diploma
VAS and UEMS
• VAS is Member of the Division (2 representatives- no vote right , following the UEMS rules), as Founder Organization
• VAS also acts on behalf of UEMS as Educational Body and runs the VAS European Training Centres (ETC) Validation Committee for the validation process requested to obtain the final Accreditation by the UEMS Division.
• The VAS European Book has been considered as the Reference Book for European Education and training and for the CESMA-UEMS European Exam
• The VAS-Campus E-Learning Platform has been Accredited by EACCME (1hr =1 EACCME European credit)