Vascular diseases are part of the Non-Communicable Chronic Diseases and represent a worldwide burden.
A coordinate, large international effort to enforce national initiatives, following the indications on NCCD by WHO is requested and needs support.
- VAS is an European scientific Foundation, but works worldwide with International collaborations, promoting collaboration with other Organizations to join forces for commune aims, avoid overlapping and obtain deeper and more robust scientific, educational and social results.
- VAS considers multidisciplinary approach, respecting the reciprocal expertise, and enforce Angiology/Vascular Medicine as the turning point to fight against vascular disease.
- Several Scientific Societies and Universities are already part of the VAS-International Consortium or signed Agreement for stable Collaboration or Partnership and VAS joined as Partner other Organizations as well.
- International projects and networks have been launched to improve collaboration and results for the benefit of vascular patients and population.
- Programmes and activities are defined by the Networks.